Monday, October 16, 2006

They're Grrrrrrreat!


Today has been a pretty quiet day. Night or day, doesn't really matter. Time simply revolves around Ethan's schedule :-)

I started my day out going to Sam's and buying a few grocery items. I had to go to Target to pick up a few things not sold at Sam's and I couldn't help picking up a cool Hallowe'en costume for Ethan. Can't reveal what it is (although the title to this blog entry should give a clue). Also it is not really Hallowe'en yet, so no pictures either. (but, yes, we dressed Ethan in the costume to see just how much cuteness he oozes in this thing).

Kelly and Mom also got out today and walked around the neighborhood. The temperature these days are now more consistently chillier than usual and the air is crisp and fall-like. I did manage to take this picture of Ethan sleeping in Kelly's arms while we were walking around.

This evening was Feast - Baha'i Nineteen-day-feast. It was good to see the friends again. Everyone was hoping to see Ethan. But only I went. Kelly, Mom and Ethan remained at home. It was my first NDF in a while. I missed the past 4 or 5 due to all the travelling in August for Kelly's job interviews, and then early in September because I had to attend a regional Baha'i conference in Nashville, and then of course most recently because of Ethan's birth. Still, the friends were just shining tonight, and something about the environment at Feast - multi-racial, multi-ethnic, cross-generational - that is like no other. Truly an embodiment of what Baha'is believe in - that humanity is one family.

Then later when I got back home, I ate (a late) dinner... which (not surprisingly)... was exactly what Ethan was in need of too... like father like son :-)

'Till tomorrow...

No comments: