
Kelly and Mom went to the Durham Intercommunity Baha'i Center for the birthday of The Bab celebration. So, for the first time, it was just me and Ethan, dad and son, at home, without the women.
I can say we did just fine :-p (although I made sure Kelly brought her cell phone "just in case"). But I did not have to call her, right Ethan?
Mom and Kelly were out for a couple of hours. In that span of time, I fed Ethan twice, burped him some, changed a nappy, put him to sleep, and consoled him when he woke up 49 minutes later, cranky, and hungry :-)
With beads of sweat manifesting on my forehead, and my cell phone with quick-dial to Kelly's phone just an arm's reach away, a key was inserted into the front door of the house - Mom and Kelly were home.
My son and I bonded in these two hours. I can say we have a greater appreciation for one another. Yup, male bonding. Awesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment