Boy am I hungry!
The first day of the fast is always so tough. I wasn't even fully aware of the time this morning, until Kelly, who had already been up to feed Ethan, and then to pump (breastmilk), called me to "get up!" I still had plenty of time until sunrise so I took advantage of another 10 minutes or so of sleep.
Kelly was not impressed, but I am just not a morning person, and I am not 100% healthy as well. I don't believe I am sick enough to excuse myself from fasting though, but I had already made up my mind that I was not going to have a huge breakfast. Instead, I ate a yoghurt (strawberry), banana and a Propel drink (Gatorade family of drinks). I said a prayer, and Kelly read a writing on the Fast, and she was off to work, while I headed back for my pillow.
I managed to get another hour or so in, before I was woken up by Ethan's "baby talk" he was making to himself, emanating from the baby monitor that was positioned close to my side of the bed.
Ethan had slept nearly 12 hours straight last night! It would have been longer but Kelly wanted to feed him a little bit before going to work. He's been sleepig more since, waking up to have his feed, playing with me a little, and then dozing off again.
Ethan also "spat up" a couple of times, and although this is not unusual and quite normal for babies actually, the volume he dispelled the first time was quite a bit more than he normally produces, and he did this a second time after his second feed, just before we went out for a brief walk around the neighborhood.
I don't think his milk is sitting well in his stomach and taken together with how much sleep he is wanting, I can only assume he is not feeling 100% also.
I am not too worried though, since he is drinking quite a bit, and so he is well hydrated. Plus, a lot of sleep never hurt anybody either :-)
Well this blog entry afforded me just enough time to not feel that hungry anymore... though just saying this, I could really do with a juicy burger right about now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment