Monday, April 23, 2007

Vollmer Farm



Today was a scorcher with temps in the mid 80s. Thankfully, however, there was a good breeze blowing all day which made picking strawberries tolerable. I had Ethan wearing a hat (when he kept it on that is) and used sunscreen for the first time this year. Seems we've jumped straight into summer-like weather after an up and down start to spring.

I almost convinced myself that it was too much trouble to get ready for an outing today. I am glad I persisted though. It is tough being a dad and having to feed an infant outdoors. Having everything Ethan needs for proper diaper changes is one thing, but that's pretty easy and second nature now. But feeding times always require my utmost attention, and to do this outside the comforts of our home?? Well, like I said, almost gave up on this picking strawberries business today.





I had to pack a thermos with boiling hot water and another receptacle to immerse a cold bottle of milk in the hot water to "heat". I use sarcastic quotes since this process is more accurately the cold bottle exerting its effects in cooling the hot water than vice versa. Or at least it seems this way since it takes oh so long to heat a bottle of milk this way and Ethan is ready for his milk as of 20 minutes prior. So not easy, but if you want noomz to experience new things, with mom at work (which is most days), you've got to bear down and just get stuff together.

But it was well worth it. Our play group had a blast, though not all could make it today. The weather was just gorgeous and the cute noomieses darling.











Well enough of my made-up words, here are some pictures!

No comments: