By now, I am sure the news of the tragic shootings at Virginia Tech campus has reached far and wide. How sad it is. The (killer) looks nothing like one who could commit such an act. Numbing news indeed. But what causes one to reach this 'point of no return'? It is so baffling, horrifying! An exchange student from South Korea wrote an email to the International list at Duke to which I receive emails, apologizing for the tragic event, on behalf of all Koreans, as if, somehow, he felt personally accountible simply because of his ethnicity. His broken english still very effective and penetrating. So terribly sad. I will certainly be praying for unity, love and compassion, and for all to have the strength to overcome test and difficulties in their lives.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
A Senseless Tragedy
By now, I am sure the news of the tragic shootings at Virginia Tech campus has reached far and wide. How sad it is. The (killer) looks nothing like one who could commit such an act. Numbing news indeed. But what causes one to reach this 'point of no return'? It is so baffling, horrifying! An exchange student from South Korea wrote an email to the International list at Duke to which I receive emails, apologizing for the tragic event, on behalf of all Koreans, as if, somehow, he felt personally accountible simply because of his ethnicity. His broken english still very effective and penetrating. So terribly sad. I will certainly be praying for unity, love and compassion, and for all to have the strength to overcome test and difficulties in their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment