
With gloriously blue and clear skies, so have come the howling winds. Just last night, and all through the day yesterday, were heavy rains. But I would take that any day over hugely windy conditions. Road signs were being blown down, trees uprooted, "for sale" signs or other yard signage removed from their original spot, recycling and garbage bins thrown around, and of course pine straw, mulch and all elements of the woods littered the roads. Still, nothing kept us from being down and out -- that is until the power went out. Poor Ethan, I had to feed him cold milk which he is not used to drinking, and so he was not very happy. Thankfully, Kelly did not have to work too long today, and so she was home reasonably early and fed Ethan immediately. He did manage to have one solid feeding (peas and rice cereal) as well as one milk (warm) feeding before we lost electricity. We had to find alternate storage for all the frozen breastmilk that Kelly's expressed over the past few months. We are grateful to Krishelle for allowing us to store the milk in her freezer, though I am sure once Krishelle sees just how much milk this is (we took up a whole shelf/half of total freezer space) she will be... shocked. Krishelle was still at work when Kelly and I made quick work to transfer the frozen milk before they started to thaw. Not surprisingly, and in fact I even mentioned to Kelly.. "I bet the power will come back soon as we return home" .. And of course this is just what happened. Argh. Will have to get all the milk back now. And more windy conditions forecasted for tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment