Enigma - Return To InnocenceVanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
Shy Guy
Mr. Jones
Toni Braxton
Green Day
No Doubt
So many artists, groups, songs. Random single-hit wonders. Timeless classics. I always find it quite remarkable how music can hold so many memories. Just listening to my iTunes list of mp3's is bringing back a flood of old memories, from days of playing tennis at "Reeves" to hitting tennis balls against a wall with Faraz, to bike rides to the lake with Jarek and the boys, summer "competitions" with Winst and Barry, lunches with Shan while working summer lab jobs on campus, basketball with the Citadel Crew, and even older memories -- group play on Andrea's trampoline, Gerry's pool, Milton's basement and large screen TV and satellite ...
The many songs I have on my playlist just evoke so many memories and feelings that transport me to the very day of my childhood, adolescence, youth, university days and on, as if it were yesterday.
I don't have enough time to listen to old songs often these days, though I am not worried, for it seems, when I do find the time, the memories and inspirations associated with each song are always there...
Wyclef
Mary J. Blige
Richard Marx
.
.
.
just random music interwoven into the fabric of my life :-)


2 comments:
Funny you should mention Mr. Jones, I have distinct memories of studying to that CD for all of first year since it was one of the few we could agree on...
And I won't dream of making a comment on listening to you sing along...
ok there mystery person... i love the counting crows and mr.jones is a fav song of mine... comment all you like about my singing man, i've got nothing to hide :-) hope you are doing well (who ever you are)... mr.jones, first year, hmm... i have my guesses but won't divulge your identity!
Post a Comment