Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Cabin

Kelly, Ethan and I were treated to dinner by the Tidmans - Lee, Ray and one of their four children, daughter Susan. Dinner was at The Cabin, a rustic mountain cabin eatery famous for their Blue Ridge burger and fried green tomatoes. Lee and Ray were fresh off their 20-year wedding anniversary retreat, having returned from the Grand Cayman islands last night. Both were radiant and smiling and looked great. We stayed (as usual) at their Lake house, which is situated on a private (gated) cove right on the edge (quite literally) of Lake Blue Ridge. It is a short drive away from where our home will be once we move to Blue Ridge in July. I am just so thankful that, even when out of town, the Tidmans always accommodate our travel plans to Blue Ridge and put us in their Lake house. We have sort of taken over the master suite, which boasts a few (dozen) pillows and a plasma TV with satellite. Most of the pillows and comforters are filled with goose down, to which I am allergic, so I usually end up on one of their oversized leather couches with a memory-foam pillow, and a knitted quilt blanket :-) Did I just paint a perfect mountain getaway or what? ... though this is precisely what I need to do in order to get some sleep and keep my allergies under control. So, again, many many thanks Lee and Ray!!
Our love,
Kelly, Ethan, and Max

No comments: