This summer will likely go down as the driest, hottest summer in recent years (if not on record!). There's been much talk on the news of Atlanta running out of water! Period. Not low water, or "please do not put your sprinklers on" type of warnings, but no water at all - drinking, shower, toilet (flushing), nada. Lake levels have been so low their banks have been exposed and bare for months. Atlanta's population "boom" has had a lot to contribute to the general amount of water used, but the lack of the wet stuff ALL SUMMER LONG has not helped. But yay, today, it is *gasp* raining. Wet and gray as can be. And I've never been more welcoming of dreary.
More and more leaves are coming down, and trees are starting to hit their peak fall coloration. Tomorrow should be a great day for photo taking. It is expected to be clear (I think) and should be "fresh" as can be with the rains we are receiving just now. With Sharon and the girls arriving late tonight, I cannot wait until tomorrow when we can go out and enjoy the scenery and take some photos.
Elyse is coming too, and an avid kayaker and general outdoorsy type person, I am sure she will want to make the most of her visit here in Blue Ridge.
I am still trying to download pictures from mom's camera. When I do, I should have plenty to share, dating back to Ethan's birthday party to present.
Have a great weekend... y'all :-D
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment