Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Opportunity Missed

Yesterday at work I was told there was an investigators meeting in Key Biscayne, Florida, with accommodation at the Ritz-Carlton hotel! All expenses paid. Unfortunately, my first business trip was not to be, since the dates coincide exactly to when my sister and family are coming to visit. It is no one's fault. Just really bad timing. We secured the accounts to participate in this study a little too late, and so the fax for registration for this meeting came the day it was also due. I had a couple hours to decide: miss family, or miss a great opportunity to learn, network, and see the sights of KB. I chose family. I told Ray I want 'dibs' on the next meeting, though, knowing me, it will be local (probably in Atlanta or some place near) and certainly not anywhere as fancy as the Ritz. Nah...

No comments: