Friday, October 05, 2007

Casual Fridays

Today is Friday, and at work they observe casual dress on the last day of every week. To be safe, I did not wear jeans, but did wear a polo shirt instead of a button shirt and tie. It is only my first week, and so I figured I would dress the part well and be on my best professional attire -- that is, until my coworkers really get to know me over time (joking, as if anyone could be fooled, I've been waiting to have a shirt-and-tie-type-of-work for so long, something not expected in the arena of academic research).

So, yea, my first week of work! I can't believe it has already been one week. Well, I did start on Tuesday. But sure feels good to come up to a weekend having been productive. I've managed to organize all our active contracts into one binder -- and if you knew the amount of paperwork I needed to sift through to get all this into one place, you would be impressed I did this in the time that I did (essentialy over just two days). Moreover, I managed to compile some budget data for '06 and what we have so far for '07. I may have to go back to '05 and even '04 (or earlier) to really get the accounts up to date. Thereafter, all new and incoming grants we successfully acquire should be easier to maintain as they will have started on my watch from day one. But still, paperwork inevitably get mixed up from time to time, but this should be a far better situation I feel, when I have some control over things.

Looking forward to the weekend! We are likely going to Dawsonville to the outlet shops while mom is still in town for another few weeks. Oh, and must remember to blog about my fig tree, which, FYI, is currently taller than me!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: