Tuesday, October 02, 2007

1-Year Doctor's Visit



Ethan's birthday now a week or so old, he has his 12-month well-child doctor's visit tomorrow at 10:30am. I will be taking the morning off to bring Ethan to the clinic for his appointment. He will get his official weight and height then, as well as many (4 or 5?) immunizations then too. Poor, Noomz. He *knows* when he is about to get an injection too. It may be the cool alcohol swab on his thighs, or even before, when his pants and/or onesie come off. He knows. And boy does he let you know. Humongous droplets of tears, and the most sad cry. I'll be sure to give him extra support and hugs and kisses to get through them all.

Ethan has been enjoying having his gran around. With Kelly and I both at work today for the first time, gran had Ethan all to herself and I bet they had a lot of fun. Noomz is actually changing a lot, and developing so quickly, you can hardly point them all out and say, "Hey, did he just do/say that? Yay!"

He still does not trust his balance well enough to walk, though he is racing through the furniture -- I mean holding on just barely with one hand while cruising very quickly and pushing all the furniture that he can move. He even tests his balance, or forgets he is doing so, one way or the other, and actually stands alone or takes a step or two now.

Speech-wise, well, he seems to be learning more chinese than english. He says "pa-pa", "ma-ma", "deng" (points to the light), and gran claims he's said "toes" and "hello" also. I had noomsie videotaped saying "Allah'u'Abha" when he was only 3-months old though this has yet to be fully repeated :-D

He's been eating well, and then not that well, but on the whole pretty good. He is starting to eat foods we eat (i.e. not just ones specially prepared for him but thicker, chunkier foods seasoned to our/adult liking). And he seems to really like the experience of all the new flavours.

Another tooth or two are poking through his gums, bringing his total "nubbin" count to around 6 (maybe 5 and one not quite poked through yet).

Oh geez, I am a working dad now. I can't be blogging on and on. Must sleep.

No comments: