
Yesterday I had my dental appointment to put my crown in. Afterwards, mouth parts numb and all, I decided to look into this kids store next to my dentist's practice called Simply Spoiled. In outward appearance, the store looks very "foo foo" and only for the families who can truly afford to spend inordinant amounts of money on their children. So with trepidation and curiosity, I walked in to the store, only to be greeted by the salesperson within seconds. "Only looking" I replied in a hurry, sounding really weird, like some weird guy. But I was the only customer there, and their prices were not outrageous actually. So I looked some more.

I ended up buying this picture frame with a kit to cast your baby's footprint. I've always wanted to get one of these, and since Ethan is now nearly 3 months, and his feet are getting bigger every day, I figured it is now or never (these kits don't really provide a lot of material to cover a huge foot). And so last night, with Kelly and grandma helping out, we managed to keep Ethan's foot just still enough for an impression. Not spectacular, in fact in certain angles it may look like he only has four toes since only four little depressions were made in the casting material, but in other lines of sight, shadows casted on the depressed shapes make for a really nice looking footprint. :-D Will post a picture of our final keepsake tomorrow. The casting material needs 24-36 hours to set.


No comments:
Post a Comment