Wednesday, December 27, 2006

One Of Those Days/Nights

Today was Kelly's last day off. She returns to work tomorrow, and, naturally, she'll be 'on call' (which means we won't see her until Friday afternoon).

So, this morning Kelly baked some cinamon rolls for breakfast. We kept to the house for a little while until we decided to go out for lunch. Meanwhile, Kelly was preparing all her things for a long shift, overnight in the hospital, making sure she has everything she needs in her duffle bag for tomorrow. The sisters debated over Korean or Japanese for lunch, and we ended up going to Shiki Sushi only because it was open, and its proximity to the house is really second to none.

Nothing fancy was ordered. Just good sushi. And Ethan was very behaved, but did need a feed around the time our food arrived, so everyone got their fill.

Back at home, we had dessert - left over apple crumble and vanilla ice cream - and I also made fruit smoothies. We usually have a huge bag of frozen cut fruit that we buy from Sam's Club that is just perfect for smoothies. I usually make them with milk, but this evening, I decided to make them with cherry limeade (like lemonade) that we had in our fridge. It was OK. A very cold drink option for a brisk December evening. :-D

We watched a couple episodes of Season One of Grey's Anatomy (Adeline is hooked on this show - as are Kelly and I, I suppose). Mom and I bathed Ethan (sorry Viet, very untimely call! I will call you back soon) and Kelly fed him, before Kelly retired for the evening.

Going to bed before 9pm is not uncommon for Kelly when she's on a rough rotation at work. And actually, we are down to one car, since my GTI is at the dealership being looked at after a good friend spotted a few too many oil spots under my car. There were other things I wanted looked at anyways, like the sunroof would automatically decide to open and close at random, and the rear driver-side seat would not fold down properly. I got a call this evening saying it will be another couple of days. So, I will drive Kelly early to the hospital tomorrow and pick her up on Friday. Adeline also heads back to Sydney tomorrow.

Will be a quiet house with just Ethan, mum and I. (and so I'll probably call you then V).

No comments: