
Bring on winter. Please! It is now December 1st, and we are still enjoying mid-70 temps! In fact, yesterday, we got as high as 78F (26C) and the overnight low was a balmy 68F (20C). Overnight LOW! December!
But cool-down is supposed to happen today. Just now, in fact, it is raining and quite windy, and the wintery blast that hit the northwest early this week (and is still kinda lingering on now) is making its way eastward. But I can bet the central Carolinas will not see the white stuff :-(
I would really like a good frost this winter. My garden depends on this for a full bloom in spring. And since we are putting the house on the market in a few months, I need the garden to look its best.
With all the warm weather we've been having this late in the year, my bulbs are totally confused and some have come up already (broken through the layer of mulch). An overnight frost now would be bad actually, but the overall good of the garden would be preserved, and only some bulbs may be lost.
Still, I am not holding my breath for a winter wonderland in Durham.


No comments:
Post a Comment