
Kelly and I celebrated our 2-year wedding anniversary with dinner for two at Firebirds at Southpoint. And what an evening to be outdoors at all. It is storming. Wind. Rain. Chill. Brrrrrrrrrrr....
We tried to park as close to the restaurant as possible, but the parking lots were surprisingly full for a Tuesday, stormy evening. So, it was inevitable that we brave the elements at least for a little way. Somewhat wet, but very cold, we made it inside the cozy mountain cabin ambience of Firebirds.
This was Kelly and my second time at the Rocky Mountain dining place. The first time was nearly three years ago when we were both new to the area. I can still vaguely remember, it was dinner with Fariba, Carmel and Vipul. Yea, I can remember confiding in Vipul my guilty indulgence in buying a ginormous TV. Oh the good times.
Our host was an Asian. It was nice to have a bunch of young, diverse hosts and hostesses at this fine joint. Kelly ordered an herb baked half chicken that came with mashed potatoes and green beans and garnished with rosemary. I ordered a 14oz. ribeye, medium-rare, that came with sauteed veggies. The steak was very woody and peppered. It was ok. I would have appreciated it more if I had a bigger appetite. I was sort of full already before dinner.
Well HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Honey!


No comments:
Post a Comment