
Yesterday my dad and I worked on the ol' picnic bench I bought from The Home Depot a couple years ago. The wood was in horrible shape - rotting, fungus growing out of the wood, totally soaked through in water. I had always wanted to treat the wood after I bought it, and paint the thing.

Now, it is covered in aluminium sheets, and it looks really cool and trendy (aka no longer just wood worthy for the fire). It looks almost like a stainless steel appliance - a stainless steel bench! I suggested an "industrial" look to my dad and he just ran with the idea and this is what we did.
Seriously, there is NOTHING my dad cannot do or create. He is truly the definition of Mr. Fixer-Upper. And I learned a lot too.
And the free power tools that my dad let me keep after our DIY project was a bonus. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment