With the overwhelming feelings inherent with great life changes (like moving to a mountain town in rural Georgia) now behind us (well, almost), I am starting to take pleasure in the many "small" things that our current situation provides.Our home is quite open, and with many oversized, glass, sliding doors. And at any time of the day, the view from any one of these doors is a picturesque display of nature (as if we are in a glass cube smack in the middle of trees). With all the hooplah and stress of late, it was hard to even notice and appreciate this scene. And what a scene! Every day. Just look out and you get a sense of tranquility.
Recently, it has been getting colder. The morning air crisp, reminding me of my highschool days when I had cross country practices, running through neighborhoods and trails nearby my school in the early hours before anyone could be found roaming the hallways. Leaves have been falling down aplenty also, depositing a neat pile along the gravel roadside, and the natural "mess" everywhere else.
Pretty soon, all the leaves will have dropped from the trees, and left in their place, empty branches. Our (few) neighbors' homes will be made visible for the first time in months.
I am looking forward to the "wet season" if indeed winters in Blue Ridge are such -- our first winter here, we don't know yet what to expect. I prefer milder/temperate weather (not surprising growing up in British Columbia/Pacific Northwest) and I find the summers of the southeast gets old in a hurry, especially when it becomes unbearably hot and humid as it was this year.The afternoons are still in the vicinity of high 70s to low 80s F (mid 20s C) so shorts and t-shirts are still the order of wear, at least for another few weeks, when the trees turn a splendour of colour.
PS. I don't know why the moose picture, just thought it looked "crisp" :-D


No comments:
Post a Comment