This is the second time I have been "stood up" by the same (potential) buyer requesting to see our house. Every person who has ever bought or sold a house - no, actually, just anyone and everyone - knows how much time it takes to keep a house in order, let alone perfectly (I mean totally perfectly) spic-and-span for showing to sell. And making the situation all the more harder of course is also having to feed and care for and provide attention to and interact with an infant (and the mess that one so tender in age inevitably produces). So, all I ask is that people stay true to their word and just show up :-D What, it takes all of 5 minutes to "tour" our cozy home? No, less, 3. Common courtesy is just lost these days it seems. And displayed now on at least two occasions by this same person. But what is one who is trying to sell their home supposed to do? You can hardly pick and choose who to show and sell your home to - after all this is not the West Coast real estate market where buyers "compete" to out bid each other for any particular house. And last night was so hard. No justice in this, is there? Oh, Noomz just woke...
cont...
Amani helped us in a big way to repaint the dark colours into neutrals (pictured above). THANKS, AMANI! And here are a couple pictures of the front view of our Durham house for sale. The garden is looking very colourful these days with canas, roses, verbena, morning glory and alliums all blooming (or just starting to bloom).


3 comments:
the home is looking great. actually the durham AND blue ridge homes both look fab. did the buyer call u eventually? what a pain. hope there wont be a 3rd!!!
hey ade... thanks for the encouraging words. yea, the buyer did call eventually (late afternoon) and apologized.. said she'll come when she can but will no longer tell me a time for fear she will not be able to meet it a third time. i am actually more "troubled" by that reply than if she simply did not return my call. just a personal opinion, but i feel part of "growing up" is being able to meet at times and days that you say - you know, accountability and responsibility. :-D
Joyce (Kelly's friend Singapore) here. Have been following your blog with great interest as Ethan is so cute and I've got my own boy of about 1 yr. Incidentally have been househunting too and just wanted to say that in general, house buying/selling really shows up the worst in humans. Many a times, I've made appointments to view a house only to turn up at the house and left waiting for the agent to show up whereupon I would call the agent only to be told that the house had been sold. Like hello?? Where's the common courtesy of informing me so that I can save the trip or make another appointment to view other houses with what little time we have during our precious weekends, dragging our two little ones and my parents as well. Can't imagine the hassle we'll have to go through when we sell our place. Sigh. But heads up, I think you're doing a great job with Ethan and I really admire all men who take an active role in bringing up children. And yes, your two homes sure look great. I love the plants especially!
Post a Comment