The time I've been dreading a lot has come. This evening was the first night Ethan was put to bed on his own in his crib. It was pretty tough to take. I had already told Kelly I'd rather that she did this by herself. I can't take hearing Ethan cry, and to put him to sleep this way?
There are mixed views on this issue, but unless the mother is a stay-at-home mom, there really is little other option. And Kelly is the exact opposite - a very achieved, professional, career mom. And not just any career mind you; one that takes an absolute majority of your wakeful existence. And sometimes even more than this. So it's no wonder, though I am playing Mr. Mom, I don't pack the milk and Kelly must inevitably wake to feed him during nights.
And it is just too much to ask for Kelly to keep doing this before she (her body) starts breaking down. Her back is not feeling so great. And so Ethan must just get through this.
Oh, but how I hate to hear him cry so much!
Poor Ethan. My poor noomie. But my poor Honey too.
Time to pray and go to bed myself.
G'night!
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment