Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's Snowing (Again)

Our second snowfall of the winter!! Similar to last time, the snow is very light and no more than a couple of inches. But as usual, enough to have schools closed for the day :-D

I had a lot planned for today, but it seems some of those things will have to be postponed until a later date. Today, I was supposed to go out with Rob, my neighbor, who owns a truck, and pick up some more mulch for the backyard. Last weekend, Rob and I fetched some 2 tons of mulch which barely covered the front and side garden patches (mulched areas) as well as the bases of the trees in the front and sides of the house. Mom and I did the mulching and it looks ready for showing. (except the backyard which I was hoping to get done today).

This Saturday I have 3 people coming to see the house. We are not quite ready for showing, though the house is looking very neat and clutter-free which I love. Funny how it takes selling a house or preparation therefor to get the house really really tidy looking. I am now displaying signs of OCD though, since every misplaced mug or glass or free sheets of paper or unwanted mail littering countertops or furniture really peeve me. (THEY MUST BE PUT AWAY - OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND!) :-D

Well, today is mom's last day with us. She leaves for Toronto tomorrow morning, which officially ends the grandmother-assisted-childcare services in our household. First, it was Kelly's mom who came to help us out with Ethan from birth to 2 months, and mom for months 3 and 4.

I will be officially on my own, but I feel much more confident now, with Ethan having more control over his head and trunk and arms. Still, there is no replacing the extra hand around the house, and all the time Ethan enjoyed and developed with his grandma singing, reading and praying with him.

But no sooner after mom leaves, Kelly, Ethan and I are off to Blue Ridge for a second round of house hunting. I have done a lot of research since my first trip with Amani to the Georgia mountains, and so I have a better idea of what to look for and what areas to focus on, and ones to avoid.

In the time it has taken for me to write this blog entry, the snow has subsided, and only a light sprinkling of white powder remains on the lawn and on my car. The road and drive way seems clear enough... perhaps I may just get a few things accomplished after all.

No comments: