
First day without Grandma and I felt like Vin Diesel in The Pacifier. And to think I only have one little guy to deal with, and he's not even fully developed his reach and grab skills yet.
Well, Ethan and I dropped off mom at the airport and she's now back in Toronto (much to the delight of the girls, Ellie, Carmel and yes, even Shar). I don't blame them! I totally already miss having mom around and the extra help and all the great meals - though mom cooked and froze enough homemade meals to last us at least one full week!
It was only the second time I drove with Ethan in his car seat in the back without a third person beside him. I always feel nervous in this situation and I did not have a suitable mirror installed to keep an eye on him. (now I do, after a short trip to Babies-R-Us, and quick installation to the back seat).
Amazing how mom can do everything and the house is still in order. By myself, I managed to feed, change, bath and put Ethan to sleep, but my time management skills are just not that great right now, that when I finally found some quiet time near his 6pm nap, I found the house almost upside-down (cold coffee half prepared left on the countertop; gym mat, two books, one wet burp cloth, stroller, and two hats on the ground; and a wet bathroom floor with changing pad, space heater, baby bath tub, desitin and bath products still out in the open). Ugh! I could not believe how much STUFF I took out to use (perhaps for Ethan's distraction, for feeding, for entertainment, etc..) and never found time to put back. Note to self: use his nap time to do all of this!! But I was so pooped myself, that his nap time, yup, was my nap time.
So mums and grandmums in this world, hats off, you're all amazing human beings.
I'm just glad Kelly has the weekend off :-D


No comments:
Post a Comment