The past few days have been pretty routine. Nothing out of the ordinary, though E and I did drive out to Durham Regional Hospital to meet Kelly at work yesterday. Otherwise, just the usual hanging out at home, playing games, reading books, walking around the house and looking at our plants in our garden, and repeating all a few times over.
Ethan got his hair cut last week, and this time it was my turn. My hair was out of control - yeah, I know, thanks - and so Kelly had just about enough. Not having any time to get my hair cut outside, I asked Kelly if she could cut my hair for me, since she's such an expert at cutting Ethan's hair now. Well, it didn't work out as easily with my hair, which, compared to Noomz' is much more coarse and our dull scissors just did not cut it - quite literally if you know what I mean. Of course you know what I mean.
So here are a few before and after pics I took of myself. Long hair. Short hair. Really short hair.
And Kelly made her now infamous Devil's Food Cake Mix Cookies. Ok, so it's not her original recipe and she got it some place online I'm sure. But they are the BEST cookies EVER! I jokingly suggested she enter her cookies in a contest, though they taste and have the consistency of brownies, so not sure if they'd qualify. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... good!
So, today, we'll be in search of some boxes for packing our stuff. Duke usually has an abundance of good quality moving boxes we can scrounge up. Jessica has been so kind as to allow us to store some of our things in her house for a while until we move to Blue Ridge.
This afternoon, Adj (Adwoa) will be arriving at RDU and Angelica is picking her up and both are coming for a visit! Adwoa used to live in our community and has since moved with her fam to Tuscaloosa (Alabama). Common friends Chels and Zaf are moving back to New Zealand (Auckland area I believe) -- where Zaf is from -- and so Adj is up to bid these friend farewell, and we are going to their leaving party as well, hopefully. Never a sure thing with Noomz, you know?
And so Ethan's napping now. Will check Facebook.


No comments:
Post a Comment