Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hanging Out With Dad


Two couple o' home boys, Ethan and I hung out at home most of the day today. We did manage to get out just briefly though. We made a bit of a surprise visit to the Hogan Lab. And although we did not get to see Brigid (as she was off running errands), we said hello to old friends Cheryl, Jianwen, Emma, Yun, Yan and Xiaoyan. It was nice to see everyone, even if just briefly. And it seems Brigid is running quite a tight ship as usual - everyone was hard at work!

I had not been to the ol' third floor of Nanaline Duke Bldg for nearly a year (maybe less) and a lot has changed. On the walls are more framed photographs (or "science art") of cells and tissues immunostained or labeled for some protein or another with a fantastic array of colourfully fluorescent antibodies.

The old labs on the floor have been upgraded to the new black-top benches with matching everything. Looks nice, and job well done to the Chair for orchestrating everything I'm sure.

I must have bumped into everyone I knew at Cell Biology, since, leaving, we ran into Amy (Dr. Ramsey) in one of the courtyards by MSRB.

We got home, Ethan had fallen asleep on the drive home, and mom and I went to work. First, we dismantled the bed in our room and left only the mattress on the floor. We stored away all the bed parts (posts, frame, head/foot boards, etc..) and rearranged Ethan's co-sleeper and other items to tidy up the place. It is amazing just how much space our bed took up. Our room looks absolutely spacious now, and having the mattress low to the ground is good for when Ethan co-sleeps with us. (since he has officially outgrown his co-sleeper/bassinet).

Soon we will transition Ethan to sleeping on his own in his crib in his own room.

Next up for clearing and packing will be the study. This will take a lot of work to accomplish since most of our (dare I say 'junk') stuff are kept in this room. No doubt, though, we will have items to sell or give to good will. (we have already made several donations this past year which is good also since tax season is coming up).

Still, good day of fun and work, minimizing things, getting the house ready for showing in the next month or two when we put it on the market.

No comments: