Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Nearly To This Day... 2 Years Ago :-)

Just the other day, I setup my old computer that I had not used since prior to our move to Nashville - 2 and half years ago. I was skeptical it would even turn on. When all the connections were finally made, I pressed the power button. And nothing. I tried again, and again, each time jiggling a cord, or blowing off dust that had grown so thick on the fan and other parts, to aid it to come back to life. To my surprise it worked :-) Getting the computer to fully boot up took some time. I am not sure of the specs of the computer, but sufficeth to say it was an exercise in patience waiting for this machine to go through its process. When finally the startup had completed and I was able to direct the mouse to things, I went straight to my My Photos folder to see what all it contained. I felt like a kid who had discovered toys thought long lost. The folder contained photographs taken circa 2003 to 2006, maybe 2007. It was a good find. I came across my old PhD dissertation files, and a lot of "wedding planning" type documents. I also recalled I had this blog still, although with the advent of more instant forms of communication, this blog has sadly been neglected. Looking back on this blog, it is interesting how much more I used to write, primarily around the time we were expecting our first child. Coincidentally, we are now expecting our third, but somehow I doubt this will mean a return to more writing :-P There are other reasons for the decline in my blog entries (other than increased family obligations), and one that seems to correlate well was the time and investment I placed in running a research company. So where to from here? Maybe I'll write about the many Baha'i activities going on in Nashville and surrounding areas. Or perhaps I can document my newest challenge in research startup, CARGO. Or, the announcement of baby in June or thereabouts. For now, time to put this dinosaur back to sleep ..

No comments: