It has been far too long since I last wrote, I honestly don't know where to begin. So much is going on, but to find time to sit and write has been difficult.
Update on Lexie seems most appropriate now. Well, my little girl is 6 months old! She sits unassisted now, grabs things and is earnestly curious of the things she holds in her hands. She babbles and coos and even has a tooth poking out of her lower gum now. Lexie is eating solids, having already found a liking for green beans, sweet potato, but her favorite is... squash! :-) She is also doing well with her sleep training - a lot less fussy at this stage of development than her older brother was.
Speaking of Ethan, he turns 3 in a couple of months. Ethan is learning many things every day and is inquisitive about everything around him. He is spoken to in english and mandarin and speaks both, though still prefers/relies on english a lot when responding to instructions in mandarin. He can recite at least a couple of Baha'i prayers in both languages! :-)
The rest of the family is doing well also. Life in Blue Ridge is getting better, though still not quite there on the friends front. If we can move, we will, but if not, we are thankful for what we have here and will make the most of it, for our children especially.
We have been spoiled for several months now with grandparental assistance. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, comforting presence, games. We will be a mess - literally and emotionally - when back to our lonesome :-) But we are growing and can handle almost any challenge it seems.
I have made some personal goals to get fitter recently. About two months ago, I weighed around 186lbs. Well not quite that heavy, but that is the heaviest I have ever weighed I think. Now, I weigh around 170-173lbs. (I weighed as low as 169.5 :-P) So making some progress. I am trying to "train" for the Atlanta Marathon on Thanksgiving Day (November 26). Should I do it? Registration does not end until August 31st, so I have time to mull it over. (hopefully I can go through with it).
Labor day long weekend is TBS weekend again this year. Tennessee Baha'i School. Should be fun, fun, fun, and Ethan is enrolling in the preschool class (3-4 yr old) even though he will be 3 weeks shy of his 3rd birthday. Lexie will be in the nursery. The night concerts will feature the Prices, which will be hopping and uplifting!! Can't wait!
OK, Ethan is hanging off my arm - and this last sentence has taken me a good few minutes to complete (typing).
I'm off...
Much love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Great to see you posting again! Good luck with the "fitness plan", you can do it!!! :-)Have a great time at the TBS, much love, Sevda
Post a Comment