This month has just raced by and not a single post from me since March 10th. I am definitely finding it more and more difficult to keep up with this blog. Where once I was able to post an entry almost daily - to the point that Kelly would get frustrated with how much time I spent blogging - to last night when Kelly asked, "so when are you going to FINALLY post some pictures!". My only guess is that she's been receiving "pressure" from friends and family requesting pictures to be posted on the blog? Literally hundreds of pictures adrift now, I can hardly muster the motivation to begin the process of selectively posting pictures.
Our internet connection at home does not help either. It is slow and inconsistent (when we are on the main floor - which is 99% of the time). The wireless signal is stronger when we are downstairs, but we are down mainly to do laundry and put our feet up and watch TV or a movie before retiring to bed or just recovering.
Anyways, I find some time now, since, though at work, things are very slow this Friday morning, and I have achieved nearly everything I wanted to get done today. I have sent off four attendees from our program to a meeting in Austin, TX. I have finalized all budgets pending and updated my projections. I am hopeful that 2008 will be a great year, since contractually, we have more than tripled our contracted budgets of 2007 and we are only yet in March. I wonder how the middle part of this year will go? If things continue at this pace, I may find myself not really knowing how to handle it all? Nah, I'll step it up a notch. :-D
So work is fantastic. The Fasting period just ended. We celebrated Naw Ruz (which actually means "New Day" .. though I have always referred to it as "New Year") .. but it does mark the Baha'i new year. So glad fasting is over though. Sunset nearing 8pm was just that much more testing than previous years, when I struggle anyways.
Ethan is just such a handful now. Fully embraced toddlerhood he has. Tantrum after tantrum. And since our communication is guess-work most of the time still, Ethan gets frustrated, and Kelly and I have no idea some times just what he wants. Draining. Always. So who's got time to blog when your pillow calling is a far greater ... calling?
Ethan is 18 months old. He is starting to "communicate" with everyone at his preschool. He feeds himself. Even attempts to brush his own teeth (or chew on his toothbrush). He is good with his jacket zipper and pulls his arms through and hands out by himself when we put on our jackets to leave the house in the morning.
I am getting excited about the gardening season - my first in our new home. It will be a lot of work though, since it is more difficult establishing and maintaining "garden beds" (here) when everything (weeds and all) grows everywhere and twice as big (compared to our home in Durham, NC).
I am also trying to price how much it will cost to have our deck screened. With tax returns coming, we can use a portion of this extra fund to make some home improvements :-D
The water level (of the lake) is much higher with recent rains we've received this past month. The drive along Dry Branch Road is so much more "scenic". Makes me really appreciate our location and feel good about the purchase of our home. Can't wait to break out the canoe too!!
Random entry, I know. Kelly has been doing well. Working hard. Gave a presentation to a group of elderly (Senior Circle) on the topic of Vaccinations. Kelly always works hard. She'll be very happy though since Krishelle and Jessica are coming to visit us first weekend in April. We should definitely take the canoe out then.
Love to everyone!! And do you still believe me when I say, "pictures coming soon?" .. Hopefully Kelly can help me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment